Wednesday 3 July 2013

Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paints


Today I'm reviewing the Barry m gelly hi shine nail paints. These blew up in the blogging community so I had to review them for you. The colours (from left to right) are prickly pear, greenberry, papaya and dragon fruit. To start with is the packaging, they are the regular Barry M bottles but with shiny metal looking lids. I love the Barry M packaging anyway but I think with the shiny lids these would look especially nice on display.
    Starting off with prickly pear this is a beautiful lavender and I liked this more than I thought I would. It may be a pastel but is still very eye catching on the nails which I like. I've had many compliments on this colour so I give this a thumbs up.
My next colour is Green berry which I didn't like as much as I thought. It still is nice but I feel like I was needing the colour to be brighter and pop a little more. But putting that aside, this is a light turquoise colour that may look nicer when you have a tan.
Next I have papaya, which is similar to the colour of the inside of a papaya. It's a light orangey coral which is quite peachy, again this looks so pretty with a tan. I was thoroughly impressed with colour and I think I'll be wearing this a lot in summer.
My last colour is dragon fruit but the colour doesn't resemble a dragon fruit at all. A dragon fruit is a dark hot pink and this is a cute barbie pink with a slight shimmer running through. You can't see the shimmer too much so if your not a glitter lover don't worry. I love this colour, it's perfect for summer and a great colour that I think everyone should have in their collection.
These polishes are quite thick and in my opinion only need 2 coats to look amazing (even the pastels). The polishes last for 2-3 days without chipping not including a top coat. I would recommend a base coat as I can imagine that greenberry and papaya would stain plus some of the darker colour in the collection as well. Now for the shine factor which is what your probably waiting for. These polishes definitely live up to their expectations, They're very gel like which is good because I was afraid they were just going to be thin and shiny. They look very professional and people often ask me if I'm wearing gel nails when I have these paints on. I would definitely purchase some more of these bad boys, I would like to try the darker colours in autumn and winter. They are available in boots and superdrug at £3.99 a pop which is a bargain if you ask me.
Please leave any requests down below it would make my day if you followed me or even left a comment. Thanks for reading

LINKS/PRODUCTS MENTIONED

2 comments: