Thursday 22 August 2013

maybelline baby lips review

Hello beauty lovers, finally the baby lips have landed in the UK and there was a mad rush of lip balm lovers desperate to get their hands on them. I've luckily found 4, 2 clear and 2 tinted. I wanted to do this post to share my opinion of these fruity balms and tell you whether I think  they live up to their high expectations.
(from top to bottom) intense care, cherry me, hydrate, pink punch.


(from left to right) hydrate (intense care looks the same in a swatch), cherry me and pink punch.
Pink punch is a light barbie pink. It has a very fruity tropical smell which I love and is my favourite smell out of all the ones I have tried so far from the collection. It's more pigmented than I thought it would be and shows up nicely on the lips.

Cherry me is a dark cherry red. It doesn't come out as dark as it looks on the lips which I like for a day when you want to wear a red which is not too full on. It smells like cherry drops which is really nice although I can't really smell this when it's on the lips so no problem if you don't like cherry smells.

Hydrate is a clear balm with SPF 20 great for those warm days to protect your lips. This is a really nice moisturising balm which leaves the lips looking shiny. I like to use this to help blend out my darker lipsticks and it also works as a nice balm to go over a drying lip stain to keep your lips moisturised. I have no idea what this smell is but it doesn't smell nice to me.

Intense care is also a clear balm with SPF 20. It is more moisturising than the hydrate one although I wouldn't call it intense. I do really like this balm as its good at hydrating the lips but it doesn't feel heavy or sticky. I can't quite put my finger on what this smells like its not really a recognizable scent but I believe it's supposed to be lemon as it has yellow packaging.

I love how these feel on the lips their super smooth and they glide on perfectly. As for how long they last, not that long. It's something you need to keep in your bag to keep reapplying. The colours are really flattering on my lips and I don't know why but I feel like the pink is more pigmented and not as  glossy. I really want to try the peach nude colour as I really want to know what colour it would come out on my lips so when I get this shade comment down below if you would like to see a review.

 I think that for how much they were hyped up before they arrived here they didn't fully live up to their expectations. I do love these balms but I would really of liked them to last longer. They said eight hour hydration which I think was a slight exaggeration but maybe they are still on the lips but I can't feel them? Don't get me wrong I really like these and they were exactly the texture I thought they would be. At £2.99 I think you get what you pay for if not more.

Overall I did really like these lip balms although they did not live up to what people hyped them up to be. I think that I would repurchase some more flavours but maybe that's just because I want to have all 6. I hope you enjoyed this post on my opinion of the baby lips. Please do comment down below and follow me if you like me. I'm sorry if my posting is quite sparse and not on a schedule at the moment I've been having problems with my laptop and I don't like blogging from my phone or tablet so it should be back on track from Monday.
                                                                jaz beauty xx

2 comments:

  1. I just bought hydrate, cherry me and pink punch last week! Loving pink punch and hydrate, although hydrate does taste a little weird! lol Nice review!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, the flavour is weird. I love the pink punch and cherry me and I've been wearing them lots!!

    ReplyDelete