Friday 25 October 2013

Simple Halloween costume and makeup ideas



Hello my lovelies. Today I'm posting a Halloween costume idea blog post. Sometimes I am left on the night before Halloween struggling to find a costume by being invited to a last minute party or trick or treating. Maybe you're just stuck for inspiration (if you are I recommend Pinterest). I hope this post will help you find the perfect costume
Simple yet effective cat:
For the the simple cat I would wear a black skater skirt, with a long sleeved top along with tights and boots. For the makeup look, youtube is overflowing with cat makeup tutorials but for something really simple I would go for the cat eye along with a small triangle on the nose. 
I chose:
miss selfridge skater skirt
H&M sleeved top (available in lots of colours, I especially like the teal and burgundy)
TOPSHOP brogue boots
Amazon cat ears and tail

Next a vampire!! I think a vampire can be a pretty simple look and it's quite easy to create. For clothing I would stick with black, personally I would choose a black skater dress, black flat or heels ( depending on what your comfortable with) and some silver jewelry. For the makeup look I would go with a dark smokey eye, nude lip or you could incorporate a dark lip if you're feeling bold. Taking some fake blood you could drip it out of your mouth as if you just had a tasty snack. Plus you could add 2 small dots of blood on your neck to make it look like you've just been bitten. If you would like to have a go at some stage makeup I am very inexperienced with that stuff so definitely check out some youtube vids.
I chose:
asos velvet skater dress
TOPSHOP black ballet flats
You can find silver jewelry anywhere.

I hope these two outfits have given you some inspiration and if you would like to see another post like this before Halloween I would be happy to post one. I know it's been quick but as I've stated before I'm having problems with my blog. See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment